Skip to main content

The Girlfriend Who's Always the Victim

As we all can agree having friends is one of the most rewarding part of life!  Maintaining good purpose for a friendship, understanding the character and moral system of a friend along with superb communication skills are all attributes that will help sustain amity.  Nevertheless, there are times when we intermingle with sisters with interesting personality traits.  For the instance, the know it all sister or "the girlfriend who is always the victim." 

So you have this friend who is out going full of energy and you actually enjoy spending time with her.  However, she never takes responsibility for her s_it!  Whether she gossips about you to your friends, mishandle a situation by choosing to share your personal business, set you up on a date from hell or leave you stranded somewhere. She is never able to simply say, "I messed up!"  Instead, she turns the story around and somehow becomes the victim.  Her reason for gossiping about is "I didn't mean any harm, we were just talking and it came up". Regarding sharing your personal information, " I was so upset for you I didn't know what to do or I wasn't thinking".  And that date from hell she proclaims, "he seemed nice and he has a job" but all along she need he was a womanizer. And for leaving you stranded, "I saw you dancing with that guy, I assumed you knew him and had a ride".  Nevertheless, your story may vary concerning your girlfriend who is always the victim but you have her in mind right now!

So how do with deal with such a friendship?  I welcome you viewpoints!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Real Friendships are Balancing and Relaxing

Given the fact that birthdays are very special to me, this past weekend was very exciting! It was time to celebrate one of my dear friends (Patrice Harrell) birthday.  During this time of her life's celebration, I witnessed friendships that are balancing and relaxing to say the least. I know you are wondering what I mean about balancing and relaxing.  Let me elaborate if you will. Experiencing balance within friendships consist of opportunities of being transparent,  unmasking, competition free, and growth developing moments.  As it relates to the term relaxing, simply put, opportunities to be less tense or anxious.

Therefore, as expected her birthday began with an evening of family, friends, food and music at her newly purchased home. Toasting, cheers, and bliss filled the atmosphere. The ambience was full of unconditional love and a strong presence of God's un-measuring favor in several areas including marriage and friendship.  As a result, the festivities called for a seco…

I Think I Have A Good One

It's been quite a while since my last post; needless to say I have missed you all.  However, there have been various things that have changed in my life's arena some great and some have been challenging.  Nevertheless, I hope and pray that all is well in your life and here's to the start of a series of many great posts from Sister's Expressions.

As you may or may not remember my last post was about "How to Meet the Man of Dreams", in which I discussed a conversation with two ladies who both met their dream guys by way of personal friends.  This method of meeting a great guy intrigued me to the point I was willing to give it a try once my previous relationship became bleak and sizzled out.  I began by sharing with those I most trusted that I was once again single and was simply looking for someone to go out to dinner with on occasion without any commitments.  An old friend once advised me that it's best to spend time with one's self right after a brea…

How to Find You

Okay let’s be honest….no one will ever know, have you ever wished you had features and/or qualities like someone else.I have, several times.My first experience with this desire was around six or seven years old.At such an early age, I found myself wanting to be more like my mother.I am from a single family home in which my mother was the sole bread winner and I knew early on that my quality of life depended on her.As a result, I always paid close attention to my mother’s work ethics, personal drives and ambitions.Witnessing my mother handle her responsibilities so well in the 70’s made her my hero; therefore I wanted so much to echo her in various areas.I wanted to look like her; she is what we define as light-skinned, and physically framed very well.She was able to speak her mind freely with eloquence and never allowed people to run over her.She was awesome in my opinion.But I soon realized that I didn’t look like her.I am dark-skinned, full-figured, and beautiful I might add.Therefo…